Sandro excited by Paulinho arrival at Tottenham


Sandro excited by Paulinho arrival at Tottenham

Tottenham midfielder Sandro has welcomed the imminent arrival of Paulinho and is certain that the new addition will help Spurs challenge for Champions League football next season.

Corinthians confirmed on Monday that the 24-year-old is set to secure a move to north London, with Andre Villas-Boas's men to spend €19.8 million on him.

And Paulinho's international team-mate is certain that his fellow midfielder will improve Tottenham.

"I think he has what it takes to do well here," Sandro told Globo Esporte. "This is a club with a great structure. We have been fighting for the top positions in the last few years and playing in European competitions.

"Paulinho will certainly help us become even stronger."

The former Internacional man, who missed the second half of 2012-13 with a serious knee injury, vowed to help his fellow countryman settle in England.


"I can only say 'Welcome to Tottenham, Paulinho,'" he continued. "I am very happy.

"I will try to do the same thing [Heurelho] Gomes did when I arrived. He was very important when I came and helped me adapt. If Paulinho needs me, I will help. I welcome him."

The 24-year-old Sandro arrived at White Hart Lane from Internacional three years ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiorentina Veteran Luca Toni Says Stevan Jovetic is not loved