Musa thinking of World Cup Games

 

CSKA Moscow attacking winger, Ahmed Musa, has told supersport.com that he has never taken off his mind off Nigeria's Fifa 2014 World Cup games this June.
Nigeria's Super Eagles will play two crucial World Cup qualifiers against Kenya in Nairobi and Namibia in Windhoek on June 5 and 12 respectively.
The 20-year-old winger made it clear that he is committed to helping the African champions in their quest to qualify for the 2014 Mundial in Brazil.
But he will miss the international friendly against Mexico in Houston, the USA on May 31 and he explained the rationale behind his absence.
"I always want to play in every game for my country. Unfortunately the friendly against Mexico is on May 31st and my club will play in the Russian Cup final (against Anzhi Makhachkala) on June 1st.
"I've spoken to the coach (Stephen Keshi) and he has agreed to excuse me from the match against Mexico to play for my club as I am their top scorer this season and they need me. Honestly I've never chosen games to play for my country and you'll remember when I had to fly thousands of miles from Holland to play in South Africa during the Under-20 African Championship (in 2011) which my club then were not comfortable with.
"The World Cup qualifiers at this point are very important and games we must win. By God's grace I will join the team immediately after our Cup final," promised the former VVV-Venlo man.
Musa is aiming to win a Russian double with CSKA Moscow this season after helping the army team win their 11th league title.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiorentina Veteran Luca Toni Says Stevan Jovetic is not loved