Neymar signs for Barcelona

 

Neymar

BARCELONA have landed £20million Brazil star Neymar on a five-year deal.

The striker is heading to Europe after Santos finally agreed to sell South American football’s hottest property.
Writing on Instagram, Neymar said: "I’m here with friends and family and they have helped me to write a few things.
"I’m not going to hold out until Monday. My family and friends already know my decision.
“On Monday I will sign a contract with Barcelona.”
Barca top brass went to Sao Paolo for high level talks with the Brazilian club’s transfer dealmakers.
And they convinced Santos to part with their prized asset, who could have left for NOTHING in July.
Neymar wanted time to consider another offer from Barca's bitter rivals Real Madrid but opted for a move to the Nou Camp.
He added: “I want to thank the fans of Santos for these incredible nine years. My feeling for the club and the fans will never change. It is eternal!
“Only a club like Santos could give me everything I have experienced on and off the field.
"I thank the wonderful fans who supported me even in the most difficult moments.
“Titles, goals, dribbling, celebrations and songs that fans created for me will be forever in my heart.”
The swoop will see Brazil's brightest talent link up with Argentina's main man Lionel Messi in a lethal strikeforce.
Neymar has scored 138 goals in just 229 games following his Santos debut in 2009.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiorentina Veteran Luca Toni Says Stevan Jovetic is not loved